Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The One with an Austin Favorite Part 3






Nothing beats a bike ride on a day with a heat index of 108 for a little self torture! The vast majority of my friends are very athletic( think marathons, triathlons, 2K swims, etc.). They think that a 50 mi bike ride is a great way to spend a Saturday morning, and if you're in pain that's even better. CRAZY! Lately, they've been riding together 2, sometimes 3, times a week, and I've been feeling a little left out. So today Diana, also a newcomer to cycling, and I decided to go ride with the crazies( JK, don't take offense). After sitting in traffic on SLOPAC, we finally arrived at the Veloway. The Veloway is a very well known 3 mi loop off MOPAC in South Austin that is just for cyclists and rollerbladers. There were cyclists everywhere all decked out in their bike shorts and cycling jerseys with their sleek road bikes, and there was me in my capri yoga pants, a Race for the Cure t-shirt, and my rugged mountain bike trying to figure out how to put on my helmet. I was very intimidated to say the least. Then we started riding, and I had the best time. I had heard all this talk of this really big hill, but it turned out to be alot easier than the hills on the San Gabriel trail I've been riding. I was so afraid that I would hold everyone back, but I think I held my own. I can't wait to go back. Maybe there is something to these Saturday morning rides afterall!

1 comment:

CT said...

rather cool? who is that tool? goose you site rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

keep up the good work pimp...