Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The One with the Big 12 Champions



We are the CHAMPIONS, my friends. This past weekend I went to Houston to watch the Big 12 Championship. It was the best $400 dollars I ever spent. Texas totally kicked Colorado's ass winning the game 70-3. Even though the game was kind of boring after the first half, it was so much fun! My fellow Longhorn friend, Histo, and I went to Katy on Friday to stay with a friend of mine from college, Bud. We got up early on Saturday, drove to Reliant stadium, and kicked back with a couple of Lonestars before the game while watching the crowd come in. The stadium was packed with a sea of burnt orange. I myself was wearing one of four new Longhorn shirts I bought last week (you can never have too many) in honor of the occasion. It's the one with Mack Brown's slogan Come Early, Be Loud, Stay Late, Wear Orange. And that is exactly what we did. I made a sign to hold hoping that we would get on TV, but to no avail. After the game we were stuck on the freeway for hours, even though we didn't leave for about an hour after the game. We had planned on going out that night with Bud, but we were so tired from the all day affair that we just went to dinner and stayed in with a movie. The next day we made a special trip to IKEA before heaing back to Austin. I LOVE that store! I found a buffet for my dining room that I have been looking for forever. Everything there is so cheap! I could have stayed for hours. They are building one in Round Rock, and I can't wait for it to open. So, now my Longhorns are going to the Rose Bowl on Jan 4th to play for the National Championship. Look out USC! The Eyes of Texas are upon you!


3 comments:

utenzi said...

Welcome back, lovely Lish. It's good to see you again. Congrats to your team--a victory well deserved, no doubt.

CT said...

GOOSE!!! you're back!!! OK I'm going to need your help, I made a bet with this lady named Jane on the texas vs USC game, and If I win I get to post lots of longhorn stuff on her blog...LOL...

So you are asking yourself what do I need you to do?
Well I need you to help me taunt her by posting pro longorn comments on her site...

PS is that longhorn picture on your sign the one from my site?

you rock!!!!

Lish said...

Yes, it is from your profile picture. Ok, I'll leave some comments on her site. I noticed all the shit she's been spouting on your blog. It kind of pissed me off.
Goose